2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Introduction

Introduction

by shirley ucol-cobaria -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone! My name is Shirley Ucol-Cobaria. I have a degree in B.S. Physical Therapy but my passion is really in teaching so I went ahead and studied education. I have a Master of Arts degree in Teaching major in General Science. I also took MA in Leadership - STEM at Notre Dame of Maryland University and graduated in 2015. I'm currently pursuing Post-Graduate Studies at Notre Dame of Maryland University and I'm on my last two classes.  I'm a teacher, science team lead, instructional coach and Tech-Team co-chairperson at an alternative school in BCPSS. My students call me Ms. U for short. I'm married to an educator/musician and we have a 10 year old daughter. Coco Puff is our 11 year old doggo, we rescued her three years ago ( Mother's Day surprise from my husband and daughter ). I love to read and travel. Excited to meet and learn from the wonderful teachers part of this Academy. Thank you.

In reply to shirley ucol-cobaria

Re: Introduction

by Kayry Segarra -

Hello, Shirley!

What sort of books do you like to read? I love to read too and am in need of some recommendations soon. 

In reply to shirley ucol-cobaria

Re: Introduction

by Pat Harcourt -

Hello Shirley, you have a wonderful and busy schedule! I look forward to hearing about all your different teaching situations, and I think we will be able to provide some good ideas and approaches for your science and tech team classes. Have a great month and we'll meet later in June!

Pat