2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Greetings from DC

Greetings from DC

by Candice Autry -
Number of replies: 2

Hello future friends!

My name is Candice Autry, I'm a transplanted Oklahoman living in Washington, DC.  I have been with middle school students for the past 16 years at the Sheridan School, an independent K-8 school in NW Washington, DC.  Previously I taught Earth and general science in public middle and high schools in New York City, Hunterton County, NJ, and Montgomery Country, MD.  I wanted to join the Academy to meet outstanding teachers, have fun, and have more tools in my toolbox when it comes to teaching and spreading the word about climate change.  As a human being living on this planet, I feel like it is my place to do as much as I can to raise awareness about climate change.  I love to travel, read, look at art and architecture, do yoga and be a sous chef.  

Attachment Photo on 6-2-18 at 7.03 PM #2.jpg
In reply to Candice Autry

Re: Greetings from DC

by Christopher Petrone -

Welcome Candice!

You will definitely be able to fill that toolbox with great activities, demos, etc. And through our highly interactive agenda, you'll definitely be meeting and getting to know plenty of great teachers.

See you soon.

Chris

In reply to Candice Autry

Re: Greetings from DC

by Elise Trelegan -

Welcome Candice! I'm glad that you figured out how to upload a photo - sometimes it's nice to put faces to names before we all meet in person. It sounds like you'll be bringing a wealth of teaching experience to this Academy and like Chris mentioned, we'll help you to fill that toolbox for certain! Glad to see a fellow yoga-lover in here.. perhaps if the mosquitoes aren't too bad we can organize an early morning session out on campus!