What are your thoughts on how the content from this section (as well as previous sections) might support components of a MWEE?

MWEE

MWEE

by rachael coffey -
Number of replies: 1

I teach at the Cecil County School of Technology (Agricultural Sciences) and we are fortunate to have many streams and agriculture close to our school. I am just completing my first year teaching this program. I have been fortunate to get to know some of our the farmers in our community and have spoken to them about the changes on their farms in the past 15-10 years and they are eager to share their experiences with my students. My goal is to team up with the Cecil Soil Conservation District (who have also been a fantastic resource) and follow their process of helping a farm with erosion control. Their job is to help farmers ameliorate issues with soil and one of the easiest to see around here is flooding and loss of soil.  I think one of THE most important aspects of what was covered in the content for this section is the idea of the positive feedback loop - students often struggle with this idea and it is also where they can see that making even small changes can make a big difference. 

In reply to rachael coffey

Re: MWEE

by Elise Trelegan -

Rachael this is great and I'm SO glad that you are already thinking about potential partners too! The next step is to consider what that driving question might be. Two people that you might want to connect with in the Academy are Kathy and Martha - both are thinking in this climate-agricultural space too.