What are your thoughts on how the content from this section (as well as previous sections) might support components of a MWEE?

MWEE: carbon Cycling on Earth

MWEE: carbon Cycling on Earth

by Annale Carlos -
Number of replies: 0

I will be teaching Chemistry this school year. My plan is to incorporate the ideas on this module in my Carbon Cycling on Earth lesson. This lesson uses the four spheres of the earth to develop a quantized carbon cycle. Carbon cycling between the atmosphere and the hydrosphere is explored through pH changes in water. Carbon cycling between the biosphere and geosphere is explored through biomass accumulation within trees and living things. As a culminating activity, students will create a model that will represent exchanges between all spheres, visually and mathematically. The essential question is "How and why is earth constantly changing?'.

The videos, reading and other resources presented in the module are a great fir for this lesson. I will definitely use them. I like the incredible carbon journey activity and the molecule dance. I find these materials very helpful. I can use the activity and the dance molecule to represent the movement of carbon and to quantify the exchange of carbon at each sphere.