How to create an account and enroll in a CBEx course
If you want your work saved you must complete both steps - (1) Create an account on Chesapeake Exploration and (2) enroll in the MWEE 101 course
1. Creating a user account in Chesapeake Exploration
NOTE: You may want to open another browser or page so you can continue to read and follow along with these instructions.
- In the top right corner of a Chesapeake Exploration window there is a RED LOG IN button. Click there.
- If you already have an account in Chesapeake Exploration enter your username and password. If not click on the Create new account button
- On the next page, fill in the fields (the required fields are marked with a red exclamation point !). Then click on the Create my new account button at the bottom of the page.
- NOTE: The password requirement are: 8 characters, at least 1 digit(s), at least 1 lower case letter(s), at least 1 upper case letter(s), at least 1 non-alphanumeric character(s) such as as *, -, or # - and it is best to not forget the password.
- At this point you should get an email from Chesapeake Exploration with a link to activate your account. Click this link to activate your account.
- Congratulations you now have an account in Chesapeake Exploration.
2. Enrolling in the MWEE Course
- Return to the Chesapeake Exploration homepage (https://cbexapp.noaa.gov). Scroll down the page a bit and click on the MWEE 101 course under Available courses. You can also search for MWEE in the search box.
- Once on the homepage of the MWEE 101 course, look on the right hand side of the window and scroll down a bit until you see the Enrol Me in this course link and click this link.
- NOTE: The Enrol Me option will only appear if you are signed into your Chesapeake Exploration account.
3. Finally, on the next page that pops up, scroll to the bottom and click the Enroll me button.
4. Congratulations you are now enrolled in the course.
NOTE: AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS ABOVE, YOU WILL NEED TO MANUALLY CHECK THE CHECKBOX NEXT TO THIS "ACTIVITY" TO INDICATE IT'S COMPLETION. AFTER CHECKING THE BOX, THE 3 COURSE LESSONS WILL APPEAR BELOW (you may need to refresh your browser).