Integrating Action within programming

MWEE - Action Component

MWEE - Action Component

by shirley ucol-cobaria -
Number of replies: 2

Given the amount of paper that we use every school year, I think it would be best for my whole school community to look into recycling. We have started it as a service learning initiative but since the teacher in charge of that program will move to another school, I'll volunteer to continue the program. I will start with my students  then have them collaborate, analyze and decide on an action project the ties in with community engagement. They can use their knowledge of social media to make it more relevant and interesting to their peers. I will have them plan and execute the project while I act only as their mentor/facilitator. 

In reply to shirley ucol-cobaria

Re: MWEE - Action Component

by Elise Trelegan -

Starting a recycling program at your school is a nobel goal, Shirley! I bet there may be others in this Academy who might have some experience too that you can consider. How do you imagine connecting a school recycling program to climate? 

In reply to shirley ucol-cobaria

Re: MWEE - Action Component

by Michael Burkett -

Great idea with the recycling.  We compete with other local schools with our recycling.  All we do is sign up to compete and they handle all the dirty work.