2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

introductions

introductions

by Carole Blake -
Number of replies: 7

Hello-

I am Carole Blake and teach with Jaime Johnson at Perry Hall High School. We both teach BCPS new Earth Systems curriculum. I am always looking for new information and PD on the topics I teach and climate change is a big part of our new curriculum. I hope to be able to bring new and fresh ideas back to my classroom for next school year.

In reply to Carole Blake

Re: introductions

by James Rittner -

Hello Carole and Jaime. It sounds like we are neighbors. I teach at Poly and live on the northeast side of the city. Let me know if there is any interest in car-pooling this summer.

In reply to James Rittner

by Carole Blake -

Hello-

I will let you know about carpooling when we get closer to the date. I have a 13-year old that may be with my mother in OC. I may just be heading there to get her, so carpooling will not work. If I am heading straight home, it probably will. I live in the city too. Near Belvedere Square.

Carole

In reply to Carole Blake

by Pat Harcourt -

Hello and welcome, Carole! Earth systems topics are a great context to teach about climate change, and our field studies should work well with the Earth Systems topics you have to teach.

I look forward to meeting you in June!

Pat

In reply to Carole Blake

by Jaime Johnson -

Hello everyone,

I am the other half of Carole's introduction, Jaime Johnson.  I also work at Perry Hall High School in Baltimore County, MD.  This year we fully introduced our new course in our county, called Earth Systems.  Our last unit is Climate Change, so I am really looking forward to getting some new resources from this course.

In reply to Jaime Johnson

by Roger Lucas -

We are both the same. Our last unit in class is climate change. I am looking forward to meet you and gain some experiences and knowledge.