2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Introduction

Introduction

by Roger Lucas -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone. I am Roger Lucas. A teacher in physics and mathematics at Forest Park High School in Baltimore City, Maryland. I decided to join this academy because I want to broaden my knowledge and skills in teaching climate change. Climate change is the last unit in our course in physics. It is my hope and expectations that I will gain insights and experiences about climate change to improve my career in teaching this topic. 

In reply to Roger Lucas

Re: Introduction

by Christopher Petrone -

Welcome Roger!

We've had several physics teachers participate in past academies, so you're in good company. I'm anxious to hear if you can work climate change into your curriculum beyond just the last unit. Lots of useful info ahead!

See you in a few weeks.

Chris

In reply to Roger Lucas

by Elise Trelegan -

Great to meet you Roger and welcome to the Academy! Looking forward to working with you over the next couple of months. 

In reply to Roger Lucas

by SEQUOIA WRIGHT -

Hey Mr. Lucas, glad we get a chance to work together again! Hopefully the academy has helped you gain more information about how you can incorporate climate change into physics. It was really interesting to see how the waves were measured at the beach in order to predict the ways in which climate change can impact those wave patterns.