Integrating Action within programming

Action Project

Action Project

by Martha Peller -
Number of replies: 1

In early posts I have discussed an action piece surrounding climate affects on local agriculture. The action project would depend on the results that they find about climate affects and local farms. Ideas include developing a community resources (brochure, poster, online folder) of how climate has affected local farmers, and mitigation/adaptation techniques farmers have been using. 

Other Ideas: 

I really like the Youth Action Ideas that were shared in this module. Specifically the "Lights Out Day" or "Meatless Mondays". These would be create projects that could coincide with a summative assessment of our unit on climate change. I like the idea of my students having to create some sort of poster or video segment to educate the rest of the school on why a lights out day or meatless Monday should occur. I would use their depth of knowledge to assess them for their grade (nice alternative to a test), and then they could carry out the project. 

In reply to Martha Peller

Re: Action Project

by Elise Trelegan -

Great ideas here Martha. I agree that it's important not to over-prescribe. As a teacher, you'll want to have some of these ideas in the back of your head so that you know what is feasible for your students but also give them room to come up with their own! Thanks for calling that out.