5. What are your initial thoughts on teaching climate change?

Thoughts on Teaching Climate change

Thoughts on Teaching Climate change

by Anna Bella Sy -
Number of replies: 5

1. I teach biology and my initial thoughts after doing module 2,  was how much information and resources i have seen that I could use to my classroom instruction. I could incorporate the Earth systems and climate change on the Interdependent relationships in Ecosystems as well as on the Human Sustainability  Unit. It is very important that students know the connection between the different components of Earth systems and climate change.

2. The evidence that students respond to immediately regarding climate change is, when we discuss the changing climate/weather patterns that we were experiencing at present time not only in america but around the world. Anything that affects them or have experienced had a huge impact on what they believe in as well as to their learning process. 

In reply to Anna Bella Sy

Re: Thoughts on Teaching Climate change

by Kathy Clowe -

I was thinking the same thing as I worked through the module.  There are so many resources that I can use!  I kept emailing them to myself, and my account started blocking them as spam since I was sending so many!  Ha  :)

In reply to Kathy Clowe

by Karen Doerrler -

Kathy and Bella,

I was doing the same thing!  I'm going to use some of the images from the NCA report next week as we wrap up our carbon cycle discussion in Honors Bio.

by Roger Lucas -

Your insights as a biology teacher would be of great help for me because i am a physics teacher teaching climate change unit. I hope you would be able to share many of your knowledge and experiences about teaching climate change to me. Thanks in advance.

In reply to Roger Lucas

by Anna Bella Sy -

I’ll be glad to share out... I know that a lot of our co participants have a lot to share out as well in their own field of expertise, just like you in physics...

by Annale Carlos -

You have rich insights on how to integrate climate change in Biology. Your expertise will be of great help especially for teachers like me who is feeling uneasy about teaching high school Chemistry again after a long while. I hope you share more pointers on how to teach it in Chemistry. Thank you!