2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

howdy

howdy

by lynn Faulkner -
Number of replies: 3

Hello folks,

I believe I may be the "odd" one in the group as an informal educator. I am a semi retired RN, master naturalist, I volunteer as a Naturalist w/ many centers in Harford and Balto that provide MWEE literacy for many schools. I have provided Girl Scouts, and Harford County Envirothon with Envir. Ed for students. Coached Solar Car and Seaperch groups,  Active in community with Harford Climate Action, Green School and Green Center certifications. Encroached on D.C. with the Peoples Climate Action March in April 2017. 

My greatest accomplishment daugher's HS graduation last week!  Would like to bike and love yoga too.

Glad to be a a part of this wonderful bastion of necessary climate change education. In Harford county MD it is a daunting task to educate children in Climate change as much of the curriculum of Climate Change is still a somewhat superflous idea (most likely because of politics).  This unmandatory status must change for the future of our children in a sustianable world.  

In reply to lynn Faulkner

Re: howdy

by Elise Trelegan -

Hi Lynn, we're glad to have your in the Academy this year! Looking forward to chatting more on the discussion forums and seeing you in a couple of weeks!

by Sharicca Boldon -

HI Lynn, I love that you are focused on bringing this information to informal education settings. I work with Girl Scouts as well as a troop leader. Sharicca

by Matthew O'Connor -

Lynn I am excited to meet you and discuss your ideas on climate change. I started out as an informal educator and finally moved into the classroom. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and ideas.