Integrating Action within programming

Action Plan Ideas

Action Plan Ideas

by Candice Autry -
Number of replies: 1

At this point, I'm thinking my action plan will be surrounding the question, "How can we at Sheridan be greener?"  

My school has solar panels on the roof, school hydration stations, energy that comes from a wind farm, and a culture of 'greener is better.'  The hurdle, and what I want students to do in a student-driven format, is to communicate and model why we need to change our personal habits.  I have enjoyed reading about the ideas here on the forum.  When young people encourage "use a water bottle or coffee mug, instead of a disposable container," the message is received differently than adult-to-adult recommendations.  

In reply to Candice Autry

Re: Action Plan Ideas

by Elise Trelegan -

I think you're hitting on something really essential here, Candice. Young people can be ambassadors for other young people to make positive change. It's all about framing and having a reliable/trustworthy messenger. I like your driving question and wonder if you think that your students will find the climate connection on their own or how much facilitation it will require to get there?