Local Impacts Discussion

Local Impacts Discussion

Local Impacts Discussion

by Anna Bella Sy -
Number of replies: 1

As most Baltimore  city resident will discussed when you talked about climate change, They will tell you that we are already experiencing the effect of it in many ways. The extreme temperatures that we recently experienced,  a long period of coldness due to snow, then a sudden heat wave and then it will abruptly change again. The too much rain in certain area of Maryland,such as Elliot City which caused flooding,homes and cars, other infrastructure were either damaged/pulled by the rushing water. Local business were closed due to the massive impact of flooding.

I think the things that could impact my site is the amount of snow frequency in my area, Another is, the  extreme temperature, due to the amount of carbon dioxide emissions since my location/ site is in the Baltimore City,more on infrastructure  than trees or plants.

i can integrate that to my MWEE lesson since water is the main focus of my lesson I can integrate it by what will happen to the storm water and the effects of that to our local watershed.

In reply to Anna Bella Sy

Re: Local Impacts Discussion

by Matthew O'Connor -

I think looking at stormwater management is a great way for the students to understand the impacts around them. If you are able to secure funding, maybe you could visit various sites through the city and see parts that may be implementing mitigations factors and other locations that may need more support.