Integrating Action within programming

Ideas

Re: Ideas

by Megan Cloutier -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Sharicca,

I love your ideas! It sounds like you already have a garden at school which is super cool! It is a goal of mine for our school. How did you get the garden started? I would be interested in talking to you face to face this week at the academy if you wouldn't mind. I think community/school gardens are a great way to get community members and students involved in hands on ways that make a difference in the area. I think you are wise to try out some mini projects and activities ahead of time and to see where the students go with it. I did that last year and I was utterly amazed at how some of my more sluggish students took the lead and in the end planned and created a pollinator garden on campus. The students that we teach are pretty amazing people and sometimes I forget that. So letting students take the lead is not a bad thing at all and it will most certainly help to increase their engagement and buy in throughout the project. After all, we all have a need to be a part of something bigger than ourselves and your ideas are a great way to provide that for your students. I look forward to meeting and talking with you at the academy.

Take care,

Megan