2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

2018 Climate

2018 Climate

by tracie evans -
Number of replies: 5

Omg.  Thank goodness I came here an hour early.  Been trying this thing for three days.  Had a nice paragraph and went to post picture.. not gonna happen lol. So aside from my issues, Im Tracie.  I teach the really little people but aside from the five senses and the weather, we are very limited.  My hope is to bring a lot of new info back to them.  Although this may be over their heads, I am sure I/we can figure out how to modify / water it down for them.  look forward to meeting all of you.  And I won’t be attempting a new pic anytime soon.  Lol

In reply to tracie evans

Re: 2018 Climate

by Christopher Petrone -

A lot of the content related to climate change can be scaled way back for younger learners. Lots of basics! Last summer, I assisted with a one-week renewable energy camp for early elementary students. They knew/understood a lot more than I expected!

In reply to tracie evans

by Elise Trelegan -

Welcome Tracie! Like Chris said, you‘ll get a lot of information through this course that will allow you to pick and choose and scale for your context during the creation of your implementation plan. It sounds like you might have run into an issue uploading a photo? Let is know if you have other challenges and we’re happy to help. 

In reply to tracie evans

by Pat Harcourt -

Hello and welcome, Tracie! Young children can be excellent observers of the natural world, and we will be modeling some investigations that you can tailor for your young learners.

I look forward to meeting you in June!

Pat