2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Introduction

Introduction

by Gerimi Belin -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings,

My name is Gerimi Belin and I am a middle school science teacher. I am a proud dad of a four year old that keeps me on my toes. I currently teach 7th and 8th grade science in Baltimore City Public School System. I have been teaching for 7 going on 8 years. I decided to join this academy so that I may be able to bring more awareness of climate change to my immediate community as well as ways we can reduce greenhouse gasses. I hope to gain more knowledge on how to spread the awareness of climate change as well as ways I can encourage my students to make a change in their daily lives. It is great to meet you all and I can not wait to work with you all.

In reply to Gerimi Belin

Re: Introduction

by Christopher Petrone -

The student action projects component of the MWEE (Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience) will be right up your alley!

In reply to Gerimi Belin

by Michon Watts -

Hi Gerimi!

I teach 7th Grade Science in PGCPS and will be teaching 8th Grade Science next year. I look forward to picking your brain! :-)

In reply to Gerimi Belin

by Carole Blake -

My daughter is a 7th grader at RPEMS in the city. She did a project of clean water this year that she really enjoyed. Look forward to working together.

In reply to Gerimi Belin

by Pat Harcourt -

Hello and welcome, Gerimi! We have been working with teachers in Baltimore City schools for several years, and there are some great ideas for teaching about climate change in the context of the city. Baltimore has several projects to address climate change and sustainability, so we can provide information about those. To get started, check out the Baltimore office of sustainability http://www.baltimoresustainability.org/

I look forward to meeting you in June!

Pat