2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Hey

Hey

by Matthew O'Connor -
Number of replies: 5

Matthew O'Connor

I am a Biology teacher  at James Hubert Blake in Montgomery County, Maryland. I teach both AP environmental science class and Biology to 11th grader. I have a passion to about environmental literacy and really want every student I interact with to become environmentally literate. In my free time I enjoy sailing and kayaking on the Chesapeake bay and local rivers.

In reply to Matthew O'Connor

Re: Hey

by Admin User -

Matthew,

Welcome to the 2018 Climate Academy and thanks for introducing yourself, especially the part about sailing, that is one of my favorite things and I am aching to get out on the boat (only been out once this year).

On the more pofessional level I really appreciate your interest in supporting environmental literacy. Hopefully organizing this course around the MWEE will help support folks' approaches to environmental literacy programming.

bart

by Pat Harcourt -

Hello Matthew, and welcome! Your interests will be a great fit for the topics and approach we have set up. We are dedicated to introducing students to learning about the environment and introducing them to the importance of stewardship.

I look forward to meeting you in June.

Pat

by Karen Doerrler -

Hi Matt,

I believe we've met - at the EOS training.  It will be good to see you again.

by Joselyn Hermoso -

Good morning Sir.  I am just catching up...huh! I saw you're from Montgomery County and we're like "neighbor" school districts. I like your  passion about environmental literacy because this is what our students needs to develop as well. 

Thanks

by Annale Carlos -

Hi Matthew!

I also teach in Montgomery County at White Oak Middle School and I will move to Magruder High School next school year. I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing ideas about environmental literacy.

Annale