2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Hi there!

Hi there!

by Megan Cloutier -
Number of replies: 9

Hi, my name is Megan Cloutier and I currently teach all levels of Environmental Science (regular, honors, and AP) at Kent Island High School up by the Chesapeake Bay bridge. I decided to join the academy because I wanted to learn more about climate change and the impact that it is having locally as well as nationally and globally. Climate change is an area in the curriculum that I am not too familiar with and would like to increase my confidence in teaching it in the future. By participating in the academy I hope to gain a much better and deeper understanding of what climate change is, how it is impacting plants, animals, and humans as well as some different tools and strategies that I can use to convey this important topic to my students in an engaging and student friendly way. I am looking forward to meeting all of you at the end of June!

In reply to Megan Cloutier

Re: Hi there!

by Christopher Petrone -

Welcome Megan. The Academy and follow up support will be a huge help in your teaching of Environmental Science. I taught APES myself when I was in the classroom; loved that course! There's tons of potential. I look forward to talking APES with you this June.

by Elise Trelegan -

Welcome Megan! We're glad to have you here for this Academy and are looking forward to helping you identify resources and ideas to incorporate climate education into your ES courses!

by Sue McQuiston -

Hi Megan!

I also teach APES.  I'm looking forward to meeting you and sharing ideas for the APES class!

Sue McQuiston

In reply to Sue McQuiston

by Megan Cloutier -

Yay! So excited to have a fellow APES teacher in the academy! Can't wait to talk APES with you in June :)

Re: Reply

by Leonor Rayteran -

Hello, Megan. I hope to see you in person and learn from you. I know you have a wide array of teaching strategies in science which could be applied to students with special needs. 

by Martha Peller -

Hey Megan! I am interested in bouncing ideas with you about how to teach climate change to three different groups of students! How can we make this information relevant and engaging for all of our learners?

by Joselyn Hermoso -

Hello Megan!

I like the idea of finding to increase the confidence in teaching climate change aligned to the area in the curriculum that we are not too familiar with especially the new NGSS. 

Thanks!