2. Introduction of Academy Colleagues

Intro

Intro

by Sebastian Weeks -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I teach environmental science and biology to juniors and seniors in Maryland. I saw the opportunity for this Academy and as a result jumped at it as I really do enjoy teaching about and discussing climate change with my students. It also helps that this Academy is super convenient for me as I lifeguard at South Bethany in Sussex County, DE over the summers. I really hope to get some practical strategies and activities to do with my students and then also get good assessment practices for those activities, etc. as I find that assessing work is the most stressful part of my job.

-Seb

In reply to Sebastian Weeks

Re: Intro

by Adilah WutohBaylor -

Hi Seb,

I just joined today as well.  

I am curious about how you teach Environmental Science.  Is it a separate science course or a unit within the Biology curriculum?  

Cheers,

Adilah

In reply to Sebastian Weeks

Re: Intro

by Elise Trelegan -

Hi Seb and welcome! Glad that you'll be joining us for this summer's Academy. Assessing and evaluating students can be challenging, we'll try to address this during the in-person component or perhaps during the August meet-up. Thanks for pointing this out!